What breed and gender??! 5.5 weeks old

Rene4205

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2024
Hey y’all!! Here is another of the barnyard mix??? What do you think? Beautful green eyes I have yet to get a pic of. Feathers on the leg. A ton of grey and a pea comb? Not even sure that I know what I am talking about on that. Sweet bird!

Attachments

• 5590C4ED-C7F1-4D2D-B899-E89AE760E859.jpeg
    5590C4ED-C7F1-4D2D-B899-E89AE760E859.jpeg
    943.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 6E2323C0-50A6-484A-9CD3-42CA39F138E4.jpeg
    6E2323C0-50A6-484A-9CD3-42CA39F138E4.jpeg
    888.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 4E9F9A33-438E-4487-8618-55639BDFE693.jpeg
    4E9F9A33-438E-4487-8618-55639BDFE693.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 11
Hey y’all!! Here is another of the barnyard mix??? What do you think? Beautful green eyes I have yet to get a pic of. Feathers on the leg. A ton of grey and a pea comb? Not even sure that I know what I am talking about on that. Sweet bird!

Yes, I think that is a pea comb.
The gray color is called "blue" in chickens.

I think it is probably a male.

As regards what breeds may be involved, that depends on what is in your flock. It should have at least one parent with feathered feet, at least one parent with a pea or walnut comb, and at least one parent that shows blue or splash (if no possible parents show blue or splash, look for a white one, because that can hide blue or splash.)

Yes, I think that is a pea comb.
The gray color is called "blue" in chickens.

I think it is probably a male.

As regards what breeds may be involved, that depends on what is in your flock. It should have at least one parent with feathered feet, at least one parent with a pea or walnut comb, and at least one parent that shows blue or splash (if no possible parents show blue or splash, look for a white one, because that can hide blue or splash.)
Wow thank you! It’s so complicated lol. I got these hatching eggs from a barnyard mix of beautiful colored eggs of the rainbow. She had every kind. I think it’s a male too for sure!

Wow thank you! It’s so complicated lol. I got these hatching eggs from a barnyard mix of beautiful colored eggs of the rainbow. She had every kind. I think it’s a male too for sure!
In that case, I have no idea what breeds might be in the mix.

The pea comb and feathered legs could have come from a Brahma. Or the pea comb could have come from an Ameraucana or an Easter Egger, and the feathered legs could have come from a Cochin. And so on, for quite a few other possibilities. Likewise for the coloring, the options are almost endless there too.

In that case, I have no idea what breeds might be in the mix.

The pea comb and feathered legs could have come from a Brahma. Or the pea comb could have come from an Ameraucana or an Easter Egger, and the feathered legs could have come from a Cochin. And so on, for quite a few other possibilities. Likewise for the coloring, the options are almost endless there too.
Yes I think she had all those breeds. I think this guy came out of a green egg too. It’s all so fascinating

Back
Top Bottom