What breed and gender is this I was told Cochin RIR mixes

taunya1979

Chirping
Jun 7, 2016

They all have a strip of feathering down the leg.
The two brown ones have big combs the black n blue small ones about 7 weeks old according to previous owner :) any help?

Last edited:

I thought they were too but then I also thought how weird the same coloring and the same sex they had the line on the head when thy were younger I was told.
But does that way even work when they are mutts?
(Shrug) can't wait to get these guys back outside.

So sad if they are Roos can't have them where I live so once they crow they will have to go.
1f622.png

I'm not sure what they do for sure I only know it's a weird county rules say one thing town say another about allowing 4 hens. Roosters are a no no all together. :( I saw those rooster collars wonder if they are worth a shot? I live in a crappy neighborhood but don't really want anyone upset over the hens n me have to get rid of them.

welcome-byc.gif

I could see those being the mix advertised. And I agree you have two cockerels. If you live in an area where they're not allowed, start making plans to get rid of them. I'd be very unhappy if I lived in an area where roosters weren't allowed and my neighbor had them. Plus, they're just going to be freeloaders. If you're only allowed 4 birds, why waste than on two useless roosters? Replace them with two nice hens and double your egg production
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom