What breed and sex are they?

HoneyMelon

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
Maryland

Pictures one and two are the same duck. Is it a male Saxony?
Pictures three and four are for the dark ducks. Picture three is the duck on the far right facing to the left. Picture four is the two ducks facing to the right that are dark and closest to the camera. I had ordered three Silver Appleyards and then there are these three ducks that look alike and I do not know if they are them or not.
Thank you so much in advance.

Grey headed male looks like a saxony.

At first glance I had thought they were Welsh Harlequins, but I think the other two make more sense. I am not sure what the tan ones are.

The green headed ones that are mostly white should be Welsh Harlequins. I was sent six Welsh Harlequins and watching them grow that's what they have to be. It is the brown/ tan ones that I have no idea what they are. There are actually three of those brown/ tan ducks and I was told that I was sent three Silver Appleyards so.....
I will try to take better pictures of the brown ones with just them in the shot. Problem is all of my ducks are terrified of me and just panic whenever I am near. They tend to just run around in a group.

(Sorry for tangent, but) I'm working on getting my ducks less terrified of me. Always come bearing treats! I put tomatoes in my hand and call "Here duckies!" I've been trying to spend time just sitting in their pen. Ducks have long memories; they don't forget being chased and caught, and they'll influence other ducks to be scared of you even if they used to eat out of your hand! So hard to get trust if you didn't hand raise as babies :(

I think the other feedbacks are correct. I just wanted to add this: my Rouen drake now is wearing his drab coat of feathers. Apparently these Rouens, normally with bright green heads and brilliantly purple wing tips, can also molt into a drab version of themselves. This is exactly what mine has done, and he looks a LOT like your ducks in question. Just sayin'.

So here are a couple better pictures of the tan ducks. There are two of them side by side and they are the ones closest to the camera. Someone suggested Rouens? Are they male? They are all starting to get a white ring around the neck. All of my ducks came from Sand Hill Preservation Center.

Back
Top Bottom