What breed are my birds?

carrielee765

Chirping
Mar 26, 2016
I just picked up these birds and the lady I got them from told me the person she got them from said they are French Marans. I posted to other group pages Im a member of and I've had mixed answers. I figured someone here might have a better idea of what I have. I have 2 of the bottom picture and 1 of the top picture. I also have a FBCM hen from a previous purchase and she has not laid 1 egg since I've had her and that's been well over 6 months.. before her 3 flockmates (1 roo and 2 hens) died from an upper respiratory infection, I got 2 eggs. She has also been in the run with my New Hampshire Red for the last 3 months and she is the only one NOT laying, so I figured if I got another Maran Roo that maybe she would start laying..but I know.. hens do not discriminate between breeds...lol but worth a shot!
received_2307658912823756.jpeg
received_355291395087634.jpeg

FYI: the hen in the top pic is one from the lady I picked these guys up from. These are pictures she sent me.

I am not THAT stupid. I know both are roosters. I have a hen from a previous purchase from another person. You did not read my post very thoroughly. I wanted to know what BREED these are not what SEX.

It took me several views to see the hen in the top picture. She’s not as prominent as the rooster and the picture only shows part of her body. So I get why frazzemrat1 posted about your hen being a rooster!

Mssnc, that hen was with the rooster in the top pic when I went to pick them up. She belongs to the lady I got the roosters from.
MY hen is not the one in question. I got these roosters hoping one would be a Marans rooster to place with my hen that I was speaking of above.

Back
Top Bottom