What breed are my chickens?!

Chickennewbie72

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2022
We got chicks from Tractor Supply this year. We were told 2 Starlight Green Eggers and 2 Isa Browns. 1 turned out to be a white rooster, grew twice as fast, very stocky. 1 grew up to be buff colored, very sweet, loves to be carried. And 2 mixed colors (Who we thought were the green eggers) who just started laying brown eggs. You can barely see one of the mixed color hens in the background of the Rooster pic... don't have any pics of them on my phone at the moment, but I think they look like Isa Browns based on a Google search.

Any ideas on the white rooster and buff hen? They don't seem to fit either of the breeds Tractor Supply said we were getting.

Attachments

• 20220101_101217.jpg
    20220101_101217.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211028_161600.jpg
    20211028_161600.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 20
We got chicks from Tractor Supply this year. We were told 2 Starlight Green Eggers and 2 Isa Browns. 1 turned out to be a white rooster, grew twice as fast, very stocky. 1 grew up to be buff colored, very sweet, loves to be carried. And 2 mixed colors (Who we thought were the green eggers) who just started laying brown eggs. You can barely see one of the mixed color hens in the background of the Rooster pic... don't have any pics of them on my phone at the moment, but I think they look like Isa Browns based on a Google search.

Any ideas on the white rooster and buff hen? They don't seem to fit either of the breeds Tractor Supply said we were getting.
Buff Plymouth Rock hen, & a Cornish X rooster.

My guess is a buff orpington or the buff Plymouth rock (hen) and a cornish rock (meat chicken) (rooster) and 2 golden comets or isa browns (hens) but I'm still learning breeds myself @MysteryChicken might know

My guess is a buff orpington or the buff Plymouth rock (hen) and a cornish rock (meat chicken) (rooster) and 2 golden comets or isa browns (hens) but I'm still learning breeds myself @MysteryChicken might know
They asked about the birds in the foreground, so I answered that.

I agree the red ones in the back are Golden Comet.

The cockerel in the back looks like a Gold Laced Wyandotte.

Back
Top Bottom