What breed are these?

adw11

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2015
Picked them up from Rural King

The black ones with the white spot on the back of the heads are either Barred Rocks, Dominiques, or Cuckoo Marans depending on comb type and leg/foot color. The brown ones could be Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, Brown Leghorns or any number of other partridge colored type breed.

Way too young to guess at gender. If they are in fact, sexed pullets, hatcheries are accurate about 90% of the time. If, as they mature, you end up with about half being male, then these were actually straight run. But like I said, they are too young to know right now.

OK thanks. In a few weeks I'll post new pics I know right now it hard to tell exactly which they are.

I agree, the black/white ones could be either barred rocks, cuckoo marans, or Dominique's but they look like they have darker legs... Maybe not. And at first I thought EE for the brown chicks but their legs are yellow.

I agree, the black/white ones could be either barred rocks, cuckoo marans, or Dominique's but they look like they have darker legs... Maybe not. And at first I thought EE for the brown chicks but their legs are yellow.
oops! Hit reply...

I'm thinking the brown are welsummer. If not then some other partridge breed

The black ones with the white spot on the back of the heads are either Barred Rocks, Dominiques, or Cuckoo Marans depending on comb type and leg/foot color. The brown ones could be Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, Brown Leghorns or any number of other partridge colored type breed.

Way too young to guess at gender. If they are in fact, sexed pullets, hatcheries are accurate about 90% of the time. If, as they mature, you end up with about half being male, then these were actually straight run. But like I said, they are too young to know right now.
x2

Bought them Friday and 3 have died today. I just bought anitbotces to give to them
1f623.png

Baby chicks usually don't die of infections, so antibiotics aren't likely to help. give us as much info and pictures of how you're caring for them and we can troubleshoot.

Back
Top Bottom