What breed are these?

chickdaddy103

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2016
I've been trying ever since I got these little rescues to determine what they are. Every time I think I pin it down they grow a little and completely make me rethink the whole process. Any ideas as to what they are?
[/IMG]

Where did you get them? It is possible that they are mixes.
I actually rescued them from a roadside stand. It's was 40 something degrees out and had no heater, in an open hamster cage, and near death when I got to them. I was thinking possibly mutts but to the same degree i don't really know.

I actually rescued them from a roadside stand. It's was 40 something degrees out and had no heater, in an open hamster cage, and near death when I got to them. I was thinking possibly mutts but to the same degree i don't really know.
That was very kind of you to "adopt" them! In on of the pictures it looks like one of them has "puffy" cheeks, do any really have puffy cheeks? It would be great to see pictures of them as the grow!

That was very kind of you to "adopt" them! In on of the pictures it looks like one of them has "puffy" cheeks, do any really have puffy cheeks? It would be great to see pictures of them as the grow!

Yes! The buff colored one definitely has some muff or beard growing, which is perplexing considering I had no idea there was any Aracauna or Easter egged color pattern like this. I will definitely post more pictures as the grow, I have been every two weeks so far.

Yes! The buff colored one definitely has some muff or beard growing, which is perplexing considering I had no idea there was any Aracauna or Easter egged color pattern like this. I will definitely post more pictures as the grow, I have been every two weeks so far.
Probably an Easter Egger or an Ameraucana mix, what comb type does it have? Does it have green legs?

Here are some pictures of my old hen Chipmunk

She didn't lay green/blue eggs, she didn't have a pea comb, and didn't have green legs, so I think she is a very mixed mix who had some sort of Ameraucana or Easter Egger ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom