What breed are these?

Kweddle

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2022
I purchased these guys from Rural King and they were the only three left and the sign said assorted. I was told from the store person they are possibly Khaki Campbells but now I’m not sure. They are about 8 weeks.

Attachments

• 419E9D56-4120-4105-96F5-8A773C133C10.jpeg
    419E9D56-4120-4105-96F5-8A773C133C10.jpeg
    623.4 KB · Views: 7
They look like Khaki Campbell’s. The boys will get their breeding feathers in a few more weeks. Khakis also fade in the sunlight so you might see pictures of them looking lighter. The one out of the pool looks like a male. The one on the right, in the pool, appears to be a female. The last one I am unsure of, but I suspect it is also a male. If so, you will need to adjust your gender ratios.

They look like Khaki Campbell’s. The boys will get their breeding feathers in a few more weeks. Khakis also fade in the sunlight so you might see pictures of them looking lighter. The one out of the pool looks like a male. The one on the right, in the pool, appears to be a female. The last one I am unsure of, but I suspect it is also a male. If so, you will need to adjust your gender ratios.
Thank you! The one on the left is a shade darker than the female but it is no where as dark as the one male.

Thank you! The one on the left is a shade darker than the female but it is no where as dark as the one male.
If they came from tractor supply, the darkest one could be a dark Campbell. How dark doesn't really tell gender. I am looking at beak color and the feathers above their tails. Their voices will tell you for sure. The girls will be quacking by now. The boys will either peep, sound raspy, or sound like they are losing their voices. In a few more weeks the boys will get their breeding plumage and there will be no doubt.

The male definitely has a raspy voice. The other two sound about the same. The one unsure about was the same color as the other the entire time until last couple weeks it’s gotten mixed of the darker and lighter brown. Being a dark can they still be together or will it throw the breed off?

The male definitely has a raspy voice. The other two sound about the same. The one unsure about was the same color as the other the entire time until last couple weeks it’s gotten mixed of the darker and lighter brown. Being a dark can they still be together or will it throw the breed off?
If it is a Dark Campbell they can most definitely be together. The only difference is the Khaki carry the sex-linked brown alleles and the Dark carry black. If your male is the Dark Campbell, all duckling will be dark. It could just be a slightly darker Khaki Campbell too.

Back
Top Bottom