What breed are we?

rascally

Chirping
Apr 19, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm stumped, lol. Goose in the back is same color as the front one. It's just the way the sun is shining.

Attachments

• 20201012_170123.jpg
    20201012_170123.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 30
Do you know genders? Ik in some breeds the females have color and the males are white. I believe this is the case with pilgrims. Which these two could possibly be if they are both female

Pilgrims have blue eyes but that was my first guess. I assume they were a Mmale and female because 1 is bigger than the other. I bought them at an auction a few months ago. They had adult feathers but were still peeping. Thank you!

Pilgrims have blue eyes but that was my first guess. I assume they were a Mmale and female because 1 is bigger than the other. I bought them at an auction a few months ago. They had adult feathers but were still peeping. Thank you!

From what I’ve seen it’s usually just ganders with the blue eyes. Usually females have that golden brown, but i mean at the same time it seems like things always find a way. There is also always the possibility of Toulouse too

I stand corrected. I thought both had blue eyes. I had a transgender Pilgrim who passed away earlier this spring. He was born with male markings and feathered out white. Following spring "he" laid eggs and went broody. I found a local selling fertile geese eggs and swapped eggs. He hatched them out and was a damn good momma. I had him for about 4 years and was heartbroken when he died. He had loads of personality and was my yard buddy.

Definitely not Toulouse as I've had them before. Thank you very much for your answers.

I stand corrected. I thought both had blue eyes. I had a transgender Pilgrim who passed away earlier this spring. He was born with male markings and feathered out white. Following spring "he" laid eggs and went broody. I found a local selling fertile geese eggs and swapped eggs. He hatched them out and was a damn good momma. I had him for about 4 years and was heartbroken when he died. He had loads of personality and was my yard buddy.

Definitely not Toulouse as I've had them before. Thank you very much for your answers.
If your goose laid eggs it was a goose not a gander, no such thing as a transgender goose. Males cannot change to females in the avian world. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom