What Breed? I bought Golden Laced Wyndotte from TSC.

Brown one from different chicken of course. That's my wife's super small hands. The eggs are really tiny but expected for first egg.

Attachments

• Resized_20240131_173614_1706890637062_1706891188275.jpeg
    Resized_20240131_173614_1706890637062_1706891188275.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 7
Brown one from different chicken of course. That's my wife's super small hands. The eggs are really tiny but expected for first egg.
It could be a Starlight Green Layer, like what @21hens-incharge said. They'd be sold at TSC, so it'd make sense that she is one. Her egg isn't dark enough to be an Olive Egger, and a lot of EEs sold from Hatcheries will have a pea comb or have some other resemblance to an Ameraucana. (This isn't always the case, it's just common.)

It could be a Starlight Green Layer, like what @21hens-incharge said. They'd be sold at TSC, so it'd make sense that she is one. Her egg isn't dark enough to be an Olive Egger, and a lot of EEs sold from Hatcheries will have a pea comb or have some other resemblance to an Ameraucana. (This isn't always the case, it's just common.)

Truth right there!
In fact I have 7 starlight green layers and 5 look just like the OP's bird. They have become a favorite mixed breed type in my flock of 29.

Easter Eggers don't have to have muffs.

Easter Eggers don't have to have muffs.
Correct, in general. But this is specifically TSC, specifically Hoovers, specifically last year. The EE's had muffs. I have a friend that works at TSC, she chats with them all the time to find out what line they used. OP could also just try that to find out for sure what's in this mix.

Tsc is who I use to buy my birds just because it’s simpler. They are always healthy ime and always grow up easy and well. However the downside is you never know what you are gonna get lol.

Back
Top Bottom