What breed is my new rooster

Are you going to breed him? That's when you'll find out what surprises he may be concealing. I remember someone posted a picture of a blue hen with known background and we all guessed Ameraucana or EE and then it turned out to have neither in the mix. Looks can be deceiving.

View attachment 1756244 Just adopted this fella from a family that was giving him away. I would love to know what breed he is!
I know for sure its not a SF that breed has five toes and that rooster does not show to have a fifth toe. Noticeing the feathered legs, the beard/muff, and somewhat a rumpless.
So my guess is a Rumpless ameraunca and a French Maran
The reason I say rumpless is look at the tail size its has a tail but very little. So I think
either -
French Maran x Rumpless ameraunca or Rumpless ameraunca x French Maran
I am not sure if the Rumpless is a ameraunca or arucana I always get them confused

I know for sure its not a SF that breed has five toes and that rooster does not show to have a fifth toe. Noticeing the feathered legs, the beard/muff, and somewhat a rumpless.
So my guess is a Rumpless ameraunca and a French Maran
The reason I say rumpless is look at the tail size its has a tail but very little. So I think
either -
French Maran x Rumpless ameraunca or Rumpless ameraunca x French Maran
I am not sure if the Rumpless is a ameraunca or arucana I always get them confused
Rumpless is a dominant trait, there is no halfway rumpless. He's just molting.

Are you going to breed him? That's when you'll find out what surprises he may be concealing. I remember someone posted a picture of a blue hen with known background and we all guessed Ameraucana or EE and then it turned out to have neither in the mix. Looks can be deceiving.

The one little black hen that is kept with him (breed unknown) actually just went broody, so yes we will see what traits come out of this hatch! I just posted a new thread with pics of this roo's two hens that he shares a coop with.

Back
Top Bottom