What breed is my rooster here are the pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Just the OP. They’ve started several weird threads with whacky info. I believe one or two of them were deleted. I don’t care about the gender of the bird. I just doubt its 8 years old.
Oh, okay. I did notice the EE gender thread they posted didn't have pictures, so they must have been deleted after people answered.

I don't even think they have chickens. Just a board kid with nothing to do so they get on the interwebs and troll. I mean. Honestly??? That is recreational time for them??? Probably because I'm old but I just can't understand how that is fun. when I was a kid we made bombs out of old MRE heat packs. You know. Real stupid stuff. With real danger. How is this crap fun?? Are they sitting around with their friends says things like, "Interweb trollin'! Hell yeah!!! It takes skeeellll bruhhh!" Um no it doesn't. It makes you sound like your Mama dropped you on your head!

Roosters with henny feathering

Agreed, hen-feathered rooster is the obvious explanation if the bird is 8 years old, acts like a rooster, and has actually sired chicks!

Here's a thread with photos of hen-feathered roosters:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/hen-feathering.574747/

Hens can do all of that, but she did not fertilize those eggs. Here’s a 5 month cockerel. If she was a rooster she would HAVE to have these feathers. Especially the saddle feathers.
ALL breeds that are roosters get those feathers.
But she has female specific coloring

No, no, and no.

Hen-feathered roosters exist. Sebrights and Campines are known for it, but the hen feathering gene can also be found in other chickens, including some games.

And the hen feathering gene causes hen coloring, too (look at photos of Sebright roosters, and compare with Laced Wyandotte or Orpington roosters. The Sebrights have the female form of the laced pattern.)

So if we start with the photos and the OP's description, then we clearly have a hen-feathered rooster that acts like a rooster and fertilizes eggs. No mystery at all, except for what breed it is (probably a game or game mix of some kind.)

For the comb and wattles, it could be dubbed, or maybe have a pea comb (pea comb gene can shrink the wattles too.)

I don't even think they have chickens. Just a board kid with nothing to do so they get on the interwebs and troll. I mean. Honestly??? That is recreational time for them??? Probably because I'm old but I just can't understand how that is fun. when I was a kid we made bombs out of old MRE heat packs. You know. Real stupid stuff. With real danger. How is this crap fun?? Are they sitting around with their friends says things like, "Interweb trollin'! Hell yeah!!! It takes skeeellll bruhhh!" Um no it doesn't. It makes you sound like your Mama dropped you on your head!
EXUSE MEH YOUNG LADY I DO HAVE CHICKENS I JUST CAN NOT FIND THE BREED OF A ROOSTER THAT LOOKS LIKE A GAME HEN IF UR NOT GONNA HELP GET OUT U CANNOT JUST MAKE AUSMPTION LIKE THAT YES I CAN ARGUE MY WAY DOSE NOT MEAN IM A TROLL AND THAT PCITURE IS FROM MY CHIKEN NOBIDT ELSES BUT MINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom