What breed is she?

Oct 15, 2023
I've had this girl for quite a while, but always wondered her breed. I was told she was a blue Andalusian when I got her.....and that's why I don't buy my chicks from Atwoods any more! 😜 Just curious what are ya'lls thoughts on her?
IMG_3768.jpg
IMG_3769.jpg

I think she might be some sort of designer breed, like a Sapphire Gem. But definitely not an Andalusian. Do you know what color eggs she lays?
K she layed brown eggs she doesn’t lay any more though but she’s getting old! Yep when she started getting her feathers in it was pretty obvious…Andalusian!:lau

K she layed brown eggs she doesn’t lay any more though but she’s getting old! Yep when she started getting her feathers in it was pretty obvious…Andalusian!:lau
The Blue gene is known as Andalusian blue with the pretty lacing.. but a true Andalusian bird would have white ear lobes and also lay white eggs..

I agree.. one of the hybrids.. like sapphire gem, blue rock, etc. Noting blue rocks are NOT Rocks at all.. but a hybrid cross.. between Andalusian male and barred rock hen.

ETA: is her age the cause of the white feathering?? Gotta love the elder ladies! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom