What breed is this baby chick?

Ok I didn't know that
1f60a.png
good to know... All I know is she is a very friendly girl with a huge personality and I absolutely love her...thanks
Definatley sounds like an andalusian then! They are so spunky and personable! My Dixie Chick has never been too afraid of people and as a chick she was always the first to try new things.

D
Yupp! I just went and looked up Blue Orpington on Meyer's website to be sure and they do say that there is no guarentee of getting all blue. 
did you see the 2 pics I posted above of the 2 I thought were my blue Orpingtons? Male and female. My question is if one is black and the other blue and I breed them what breed would there chicks be? I'm new to all this just trying to fully understand. My impression was I ordered a male blue Orpington and a female and I could breed those for more blue Orpingtons

Last edited:
D
did you see the 2 pics I posted above of the 2 I thought were my blue Orpingtons? Male and female. My question is if one is black and the other blue and I breed them what breed would there chicks be? I'm new to all this just trying to fully understand. My impression was I ordered a male blue Orpington and a female and I could breed those for more blue Orpingtons

Here's a really helpful chart for breeding blues.

I ordered three Blue Andelusians from My Pet Chicken. My girls (hoping they're all girls) are 4 weeks old now. Personality plus! Very spunky and don't like to be held.

This is what they looked like when they arrived.

Maybe a week old?
I'll snap a picture in a minute and post what she looks like today at 4 weeks old.

I ordered three Blue Andelusians from My Pet Chicken. My girls (hoping they're all girls) are 4 weeks old now. Personality plus! Very spunky and don't like to be held.

This is what they looked like when they arrived.

Maybe a week old?
I'll snap a picture in a minute and post what she looks like today at 4 weeks old.
Looks like you've got 2 blues and a splash to me, but can't be sure until they are older! Super cute girls!

S
I ordered three Blue Andelusians from My Pet Chicken. My girls (hoping they're all girls) are 4 weeks old now. Personality plus! Very spunky and don't like to be held. This is what they looked like when they arrived. Maybe a week old? I'll snap a picture in a minute and post what she looks like today at 4 weeks old.
so all three in the first pic are blue Andalusions?

Back
Top Bottom