What breed is this bantam roo...

Helyro

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Hello all,

Newbie here - but been lurking for quite awhile - I love this site! Was wondering if anyone could give me some insite as to what breed or mix this bantam rooster might be? I have RIR's and Light Brahmas, and this guy was given to me as a peep, and I have no idea what he is. I love this guy - he is really sweet!

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Thank you,
Heather

Welcome to the board! And where are you located? My Light Brahma might need a buddy.
smile.png

Cute pictures of the roo! I think its an Old English with mixed up colors. BUT I have NO idea about Old English, so let the pros answer next. He is very pretty!
big_smile.png

I am in SW Florida - and as a matter of fact, I have about 4 light brahma roos if your hens need a friend..LOL! I love my Brahmas! I will take pics of them for you guys.

Also - Rainbow does not live on the porch - I just brought him in for the photos... LOL! They all free-range with my horses.

Heather

Does he have feathers on his foot? Looks like he does on one leg. I think he is just a cross of some type but if he is feather legged he might have some Cochin or Brahma in him.

Oh! Monty, you're right. I didn't see the feathers on the legs. The colors on the back and neck reminds me of crele. He's so cute looking through the screen!

Yes, he does have feathers on his legs - He is very different - I really like him. He is very laid back and sweet. I didn't consider the brahma cross - I have standard brahams, not bantams, and I forget that they come in two different sizes...LOL

Oh! PLEASE take pictures of your Brahmas! I wanted standards so bad, and then I couldn't find either size. I lucked out with all three of my banty Brahmas. Let me know if you want some banty Dark Brahma's, I'm going to sell eggs in the spring. (Chicks for pick up only.)

I will get pics of them this weekend. Chickens are SO hard to photograph..LOL! So, I like to go get them around dusk when they are starting to roost, and they are super calm. I will try to get some general "flock" pics while they are out and about. They are only pet quality, but they are just really great!!

By the way - I forgot to mention that he only started crowing about 2 weeks ago - he is still young, but definately not a standard size.

Back
Top Bottom