What breed is this chicken???

I would say they were at least 8 months (once they are laying it is hard to say how old they are). Do they have white earlobes? Some look like they do but some look like they don't.

1 has kindda pinkish earlobe and the others have white. What does it matter with the earlobes? Is it because the egg color or about the age? Sorry I am a newbee with the chickens:)

1 has kindda pinkish earlobe and the others have white. What does it matter with the earlobes? Is it because the egg color or about the age? Sorry I am a newbee with the chickens:)
Breed and egg color, most of the time if a chicken has white earlobes then they will lay white eggs. If they are red earlobes they can lay brown (or blue eggs if they have the blue egg gene) eggs. Also Leghorns have white earlobes so to be a Leghorn then you have to have white earlobes, they could be White Leghorn crosses maybe.

Breed and egg color, most of the time if a chicken has white earlobes then they will lay white eggs. If they are red earlobes they can lay brown (or blue eggs if they have the blue egg gene) eggs. Also Leghorns have white earlobes so to be a Leghorn then you have to have white earlobes, they could be White Leghorn crosses maybe.

I also found out that Leghorns lay white eggs. These four is laying kindda offwhite color. I posted their eggs earlier. So that's why I was not sure about their breed. Thank you.

Light Brahma or silver laced Cochin?

I thought I would post this (whilst I was cleaning out and could get a few pictures) in the hope someone could help me identify the chicks. I got given 7 from a school hatch project with no info. They are almost 3 weeks old. There are 3 yellowy white and 4 yellowy brown. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom