What breed is this chicken??

jossie2000

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2016
We got fertile eggs from a friend of my grandma, and we have no idea what breed the chick could be.
She was one of six eggs to hatch and when she was younger, she was all yellow.
Her legs are all yellow and it seems like her beak is darkening.
Currently she is around 5 weeks old and has most of her feathers grown in.
Her feathers are black and white, but her chest is all white.

Thanks!

Help a newbie out!! Auction said "Cochin mix". The others were obvious but not sure about this partridge one. Face looks Silkie-ish but no fluffy head and only 4 toes. Is it a Silkie/Cochin mix?

Help a newbie out!! Auction said "Cochin mix". The others were obvious but not sure about this partridge one. Face looks Silkie-ish but no fluffy head and only 4 toes. Is it a Silkie/Cochin mix?
To me it seems like that it's a cochin silkie mix. Or maybe it was crossed with a silkie cross, and that's why it doesn't have a crest? Because the silkie genes were even more diluted? I don't really know. I have never made this cross before. I want to though.

To me it seems like that it's a cochin silkie mix.  Or maybe it was crossed with a silkie cross, and that's why it doesn't have a crest?  Because the silkie genes were even more diluted?  I don't really know.  I have never made this cross before. I want to though.  
That makes sense. Thanks
1f60a.png

And also, what's this one in the front...not Cochin-looking to me at all?! Anyone know what kind she is?

Back
Top Bottom