What breed is this guy

ariri30

Free Ranging
7 Years
May 18, 2015
Fair lawn nj
I posted back in July about this little guy. I got eggs from a friend of a friend and told him they were seramas but I have doubts

Attachments

• AD0E5AD2-D8DF-4342-8CB2-F4B0100E3E9F.jpeg
    AD0E5AD2-D8DF-4342-8CB2-F4B0100E3E9F.jpeg
    606.2 KB · Views: 14
  • B6653E22-1A14-4C1F-9681-A14FE971B0BE.jpeg
    B6653E22-1A14-4C1F-9681-A14FE971B0BE.jpeg
    607.4 KB · Views: 14
That's an interesting bird. He's hen feathered so going by that and type I would guess a Sebright cross - f2 or f3 because of the single comb. It will be interesting to see what others think. Am I correct in thinking that he is a bantam ?

That's an interesting bird. He's hen feathered so going by that and type I would guess a Sebright cross - f2 or f3 because of the single comb. It will be interesting to see what others think. Am I correct in thinking that he is a bantam ?
He is tiny

Agreed. Must have Sebright or maybe Campine in his background.

@sourland i also agree with this. I was thing seabright and serama. What about seabright and oeg?or campine and oeg since they both have the single combs?
It’s most likely semana sebright. I remember that two more cockerel hatched from the same batch of eggs and they had the sebright type combs. I got rid of them because they were fighting to the point that they had no more feathers on their heads but this little guy has been really sweet and love to be on my lap

I had a sebright cockerel, he was good with other cockerels and hens so I didn't put him with my rooster-only flock. He had a similar stance as your roo.
He definitely looks like he has OEGB in him too.

I had a sebright cockerel, he was good with other cockerels and hens so I didn't put him with my rooster-only flock. He had a similar stance as your roo.
He definitely looks like he has OEGB in him too.
1580869901189.jpeg

That one in the picture is his best friend. They fight once in a while but they don’t harm each other. They are always together. The Dutch is a little older than him.

Back
Top Bottom