What breed is this hen?

missred871

Eggxhausted Momma
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Perry GA
OKay I know there are all these specifics about turkeys, do we call it breed or color blah blah blah. Anywho I have a friend who got 2 gobblers and a hen and 4 eggs, I know what the gobblers are but this girl...... no clue... granted all I have to go off of is this crappy picture.... she was hiding when I was over there. So any guesses on her? She looks like possibly a red pencilled palm or is she a mutt?? So hard to tell... the babies came out lookin like a might bourbon red (BR is one of the gobblers) and a very light wild (the other gobbler is a WE)

Any thoughts?

56502_turk_hen.jpg

Last edited:
this is the only one I have for now, he took it with his cell if I can find her when I go pick some hogs up from him tomorrow I will get another picture

My first impression was also swetgrass, but it is a tough picture. Its not a red palm (pencilled or otherwise). A good picture of the tail would answer the pencilling question very quickly.

Quote:
I was over there yesterday and she was hiding again, poor girl is outnumbered 3 to 1 so she stays far away from the boys. I still havent gotten to see her at all except the picture too, I am thinking sweetgrass as well

Back
Top Bottom