What breed is this?

karen6

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2015
NE Ohio
[/IMG]

Pretty bird you've got there! Did he/she come from a hatchery? If not it could be a mix. What age is he/she? If it's still young then I'd say that is a rooster for sure. : )

We adopted her from our humane society. They think she is a girl, estimate age between 4-6 months. She could be a mix. Someone was keeping 30+ chickens in a bedroom. They were all removed​ from the home.

I was curious because her (his?) Legs are even bigger than our Jersey Giants' legs.

Banty boys are so cute! If she is over 14 weeks then she is probably a hen or her comb would be bigger. Since she is from a hoarding case, I would guess ehis a mix. Looks like she could have some buff in there. What color are her legs?

1st pic yesterday. 2 nd pic is from roughly 2 weeks ago

What breed do you think he is? Roughly 4-6 weeks old, feathered legs and shanks, this one has a straight comb but one of the siblings has a comb that starts as a pea and goes straight. Gold coloring, white under feathers, with some yellow. Originally told brahmas but they are either tightly inbred or mixed. Pretty large already, wing span as well. Thoughts appreciated!

Last edited:

1st pic yesterday. 2 nd pic is from roughly 2 weeks ago

What breed do you think he is? Roughly 4-6 weeks old, feathered legs and shanks, this one has a straight comb but one of the siblings has a comb that starts as a pea and goes straight. Gold coloring, white under feathers, with some yellow. Originally told brahmas but they are either tightly inbred or mixed. Pretty large already, wing span as well. Thoughts appreciated!
Black Copper Marans. And that first chick is male.

Back
Top Bottom