What breed is this?

There's no way she could be raised in the wild. Wild chickens do not exist because the definition of wild is "(of an animal or plant) living or growing in the natural environment; not domesticated or cultivated." Chickens are a domestic species because they were bred into existence by humans, meaning none of them can ever be wild. The correct term would be feral.
My intent was not to rewrite the Webster dictionary. For crying out loud.

There's no way she could be raised in the wild. Wild chickens do not exist because the definition of wild is "(of an animal or plant) living or growing in the natural environment; not domesticated or cultivated." Chickens are a domestic species because they were bred into existence by humans, meaning none of them can ever be wild. The correct term would be feral.
Just because she's a feral chicken doesn't mean she can't be raised in the wild. Being raised in the wild doesn't mean she's not feral.
If the climate is warm enough feral chickens can exist in the wild.
Here where I live we have feral cats, these same feral cats have kittens in the wild. Most of those born in the wild have no domestic experience with humans. The feral kittens are born, live in and die in the wild, but they are still feral.

My intent was not to rewrite the Webster dictionary. For crying out loud.
To 99.99 percent of the population they are completely interchangeable.
It is always good to use the right terms when discussing anything as to not cause confusion. It may not seem important to the average person, but it truly is.

Just because she's a feral chicken doesn't mean she can't be raised in the wild. Being raised in the wild doesn't mean she's not feral.
If the climate is warm enough feral chickens can exist in the wild.
Here where I live we have feral cats, these same feral cats have kittens in the wild. Most of those born in the wild have no domestic experience with humans. The feral kittens are born, live in and die in the wild, but they are still feral.
I have never seen or heard of a chicken who lives full-on in the wild. All of the feral chicken flocks around the world that I have heard of live near humans and sometimes scavenge around cities for food when they need to. I wouldn't call somewhere nearby humans like cities "the wild."

oh rainy day
chickens like rain?
short vid:
https://streamable.com/dz5l6m
Chickens usually dislike rain and it's not the best thing for them to be out in, but feral chickens are used to surviving in it because they are, well, feral. Breeds like Polish with big crests should not be out in the rain because their crest gets wet and the water gets in their eyes and ears, and could very easily cause infections.

Chickens usually dislike rain and it's not the best thing for them to be out in, but feral chickens are used to surviving in it because they are, well, feral. Breeds like Polish with big crests should not be out in the rain because their crest gets wet and the water gets in their eyes and ears, and could very easily cause infections.
oh ok, i gues its because its rainy but not heavy rain?
Cause when it pours a lil harder she indeed goes to hide under the banana leafs.
Then when it stops for a bit and sun comes out, she is back to foraging

thanks 🤙

Back
Top Bottom