What breed is this?

If you decide you want to get her a family , you could ask around your neighborhood and see if anyone has a spare rooster to get rid of? My guess is she probably originated from one of your neighbors flocks, so a local rooster would be closest to her "breed".

Am I correct in assuming that you are interested in keeping things simple and just enjoying things as they are?

Thanks for the reply guys.

To Tahai:
Most if not all the chickens walking around on the island are more or less the same.
We have local chicken farms for egg production for the island but those chickens are the common commercial egg laying ones.
So what do you think about going to the other side of the island to try and find someone with a flock and is willing to give away or sell a young rooster? This way we know its same type of bird but a bit more distant bloodlines.

I like the idea of a young rooster and her dominating it first. It'd be a shame to bring in an old one, him to attack or be nasty to her and she flying away.

I'll think about it.

Here's a video right after the rain:

https://streamable.com/d19bi7

Thanks for the reply guys.

To Tahai:
Most if not all the chickens walking around on the island are more or less the same.
We have local chicken farms for egg production for the island but those chickens are the common commercial egg laying ones.
So what do you think about going to the other side of the island to try and find someone with a flock and is willing to give away or sell a young rooster? This way we know its same type of bird but a bit more distant bloodlines.

I like the idea of a young rooster and her dominating it first. It'd be a shame to bring in an old one, him to attack or be nasty to her and she flying away.

I'll think about it.

Here's a video right after the rain:

https://streamable.com/d19bi7
That's a great idea.

I'm starting to wonder where you're getting your information?
I had polish for seven years, they were out in all kinds of weather and never had any of these issues. We get all four seasons here, with spring and fall being the wet seasons, down to single digits in the winter and on occasion up to triple digits in the summer.
Our humdity hardly ever gets below 65% and is often 80% or higher.
I have four Polish that stand out in the rain and they haven't gotten any infections either, but I have heard a lot of stories of how other Polish have. Just because your Polish and my Polish have never gotten infections, that doesn't mean other Polish haven't before.

I have four Polish that stand out in the rain and they haven't gotten any infections either, but I have heard a lot of stories of how other Polish have. Just because your Polish and my Polish have never gotten infections, that doesn't mean other Polish haven't before.
Fair enough.:bow

I think that's a great idea! A little adventure to find a younger man for your new leading lady :D

Hello all, just wanted to share.

Today was the first time I saw her go into the bucket since the day I put it.

I just went to check and found an egg 😍

As you can see on the picture, I used just some cut grass as bedding..do I put more now or leave it as is?

Attachments

• PXL_20240128_213158605.jpg
    PXL_20240128_213158605.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 22
Hello all, just wanted to share.

Today was the first time I saw her go into the bucket since the day I put it.

I just went to check and found an egg 😍

As you can see on the picture, I used just some cut grass as bedding..do I put more now or leave it as is?
I would put a bit more in, enough that if she would have a dozen eggs it would be, comfortably enough.

Back
Top Bottom