What breed is this?

Silkiebegins

Songster
Mar 22, 2024
This girl came from a local feed store and the guy did not know what breed his chick were and just said they were red. Anyway, we got a lot of cool chicken breeds from them. One we don't know what it is. I've always just said welsummer but I just want to confirm.
20240510_182358.jpg
20240510_182403.jpg

One we don't know what it is. I've always just said welsummer but I just want to confirm.
Not a Welsumer.. they should have yellow legs and no white on the lobes plus the feather pattern is all wrong.. guessing a hybrid or Egger of sorts. Maybe a Welsumer cross but not pure or not of breed standard quality, according to my current understanding and experience.

Still pretty. 🥰

Not a Welsumer.. they should have yellow legs and no white on the lobes plus the feather pattern is all wrong.. guessing a hybrid or Egger of sorts. Maybe a Welsumer cross but not pure or not of breed standard quality, according to my current understanding and experience.

Still pretty. 🥰
I can see that now.

Still pretty. 🥰
I'm fairly certain her legs are yellow, just faded from lots of egg laying. My Welsummers' legs also look pretty pink, but they used to be much yellower. The feather pattern does look a bit dark though.

I'm fairly certain her legs are yellow, just faded from lots of egg laying. My Welsummers' legs also look pretty pink, but they used to be much yellower. The feather pattern does look a bit dark though.
Ugh, I keep bouncing opinions.

The legs do look yellow to me. I don't have Welsummers' though, so I can't really speak from experience.

Her legs are yellow. When she was a chick her legs were super yellow. Also, the legs are currently a palish yellow. Don't know if that has to do with anything.

Back
Top Bottom