What breed lays the largest egg and also what breed lays the largest colored egg?

I was looking for both white and colored.I consider brown as colored. My Ameraucana and my cream legbar lay blue but they're not that large. I have to weigh them all the time and sometimes add a serama egg to make up the weight to use them for baking/

We get a variety of egg sizes and colors. White and brown are usually the biggest, and double yolks.
We hear a lot of laying noise when the double yolks are layed.
FC742167-A7ED-4A04-9868-89E71AE1168B.jpeg

The brown is a double, and the olive is a standard size egg. The tiny round one was from our micro hen, egg was about quarter sized.

We get a variety of egg sizes and colors. White and brown are usually the biggest, and double yolks.
We hear a lot of laying noise when the double yolks are layed.
View attachment 3673901
The brown is a double, and the olive is a standard size egg. The tiny round one was from our micro hen, egg was about quarter sized.
What breeds layed the browm and white ones?

What breeds layed the browm and white ones?
We have Leghorns , Brahma Lite , and RIR that I believe are responsible for those. It’s a mingled flock, so not positive which are laying the doubles, but we usually find one on the ground of their coop if we are late letting them out in the morning.
We also have Golden Comets , Astrolarp,Marans, Easter Eggers, and Orpingtons

Back
Top Bottom