What breed of chicken is he ? and can I breed him?

The pullets look too young to breed, though they’ll be able to tell you more than what we are able to guess. Are they squatting? Laying? If they aren’t laying yet, then they aren’t ready to breed. Just like with lots of other species, humans included, the males are ready and eager to breed way before the females are. So if he’s harassing them before they are ready, it’s best to separate him until they start laying.

Okay, so by seramams I assume you mean Serama. And by bratham, do you mean bantam? Bantam is not a breed. Bantam is just a term used for any small breed of chicken (like Seramas, D'Uccles, etc.)
For breed, it's possible they are serama and game breed (possibly Old English Game Bantam) mixes.
Any chicken can reproduce. The cockerel looks about ready, but the girls need more time. They're clearly not laying yet.
Their size won't affect them, as they are all about the same size.
Thanks it's difficult to Tell the hens age because they grow so slow and not a lot unlike normal chicken I can tell easily when they are adults.

The pullets look too young to breed, though they’ll be able to tell you more than what we are able to guess. Are they squatting? Laying? If they aren’t laying yet, then they aren’t ready to breed. Just like with lots of other species, humans included, the males are ready and eager to breed way before the females are. So if he’s harassing them before they are ready, it’s best to separate him until they start laying.
I'm not sure I haven't seen the girls lay i have seen the roo peck at their head. Although he did try to do the work with my hand when I carried him.

Im feeding them whole grain rooster game mix with protein pellets. I feed them that once a day.
Chickens are foragers… They eat little bits throughout the day, not one single large meal. Their crops can’t hold all that much at a time. They need to have their feed available free choice (that is, at all times, so they can eat whenever they are hungry).

Chickens are foragers… They eat little bits throughout the day, not one single large meal. Their crops can’t hold all that much at a time. They need to have their feed available free choice (that is, at all times, so they can eat whenever they are hungry).
Yeah for sure I meant I feed them once but I give them about a cup and it lasts them literally a day or two, where as my big game birds inhale their feed.

Back
Top Bottom