What breed of chicks does tractor supply sell?

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The community on here is HUGE and all of the members are wonderful…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!

Here are some helpful links to help you get around BYC

Going here, will help you get around BYC!!! Has loads of info on how to get around the site!

How to insert pictures on BYC!!!!

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

I don't know where you live but be careful who you purchase your chicks from. We have a "tractor supply" store where I live and it is not the best place for purchasing chicks. There is another "farm - feed & seed" about 10 miles from where I live and they post on their webpage the list of baby chicks that will be available on certain days. They keep the females in separate brooders so there is no chance of getting a rooster by mistake. It sounds like the "mixed bin" are bantam breeds that were not kept separated and now they don't know which is which or what sex they are. If you purchase from a "mixed bin" there is no telling what sex or breed you will end up with.
Happy Flocking!

I have a question kind of along the breed of chickens TS sell. I bought some when I was starting with chickens and picked 3 black ones. When they grew up, they where solid black with the softest feathers, average size. Also very docile and friendly. I unfortunately lost them to a predator one night. I would like to replace them but tractor supply just had them listed as straight run . Anybody have a suggestion what breed they were?

I wish I had another place to buy mine but other then online, Tractor Supply is the my only option. Saying that, I have to say the chicks I bought from TS where heathy and grew into good laying hen. I would buy onine but after shipping cost, it cost too much for only a few chickens.

I wish I had another place to buy mine but other then online, Tractor Supply is the my only option. Saying that, I have to say the chicks I bought from TS where heathy and grew into good laying hen. I would buy onine but after shipping cost, it cost too much for only a few chickens.
You could also check local small animal auctions in your area

I was going to order them online but the shipping cost made the order of 6 chicks like 60$!!!!! that's ridiculous!!!

Back
Top Bottom