What breed of coturnix are these? Thanks!

From the U.S.A, I couldn't find any sources in Singapore that seemed to have feed. However, there were a few profiles of quail farms in your country. Perhaps you could contact them somehow and find out what they do about feeding their birds? As @Nabiki indicated, your young birds need about 28% protein and the other nutrients she pointed out.

No... actually i live in singapore and no one really rear quails or chickens.... so its hard to find😭
Maybe fish food or kitten food? Read labels of course, but sometimes those are high enough in protein to be a helpful boost.

If you try something like that, I would be looking for 40% protein or higher, for it to be useful as a supplement when their main feed is low in protein. I would not feed just kitten food, or just fish food, as the diet for quail: their other needs are probably different enough that they would have problems.

No worries on getting gender mixed up. Hard to tell online.

I looked up the feed, and it is nowhere near enough protein for your quail. Supplementing with mealworms isn't going to make up the lack. If you can't get gamebird starter, can you get turkey starter? Your birds are going to start showing more health issues as they grow if they don't start getting some proper feed.

Contains a source of live (viable) naturally-occurring microorganisms.
Crude Protein - Min. 14.5% This is about half of the protein they need.
Crude Fat - Min. 6.0%
Crude Fiber - Max. 2.0%
Moisture - Max. 8.0%
Methionine - Min. 0.5% This is also low for gamebirds
Lysine - Min. 0.9% This is also low, I believe... @007Sean ?
Vitamin A - Min. 10,000 IU/kg
Vitamin D - Min. 750 IU/kg
Vitamin E - Min. 100 IU/kg
Biotin - Min. 0.1 mg/kg
Vitamin B12 - Min. 20 mg/kg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) - Min. 100 mg/kg
Omega-6 Fatty Acids - Min. 1.20%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids - Min. 0.30%
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) - Min. 0.03%
Total Lactic Acid Bacteria - Min. 2 x 105 cfu/g
(Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei)
You are correct, Bee!

From the U.S.A, I couldn't find any sources in Singapore that seemed to have feed. However, there were a few profiles of quail farms in your country. Perhaps you could contact them somehow and find out what they do about feeding their birds? As @Nabiki indicated, your young birds need about 28% protein and the other nutrients she pointed out.
Many thanks! I have ordered from a local seller that specializes in selling quail starter feed! Hopefully it arrives soon

Maybe fish food or kitten food? Read labels of course, but sometimes those are high enough in protein to be a helpful boost.

If you try something like that, I would be looking for 40% protein or higher, for it to be useful as a supplement when their main feed is low in protein. I would not feed just kitten food, or just fish food, as the diet for quail: their other needs are probably different enough that they would have problems.
Thank u! This is so interesting, i didnt know can use fish / kitten food, will definitely check this out

Back
Top Bottom