What breed of ducks do I have?

Harley8181

Chirping
Dec 5, 2020
20230113_090130.jpg

They do like females, but it can be hard to tell. They look like the same sex at least. Sound will confirm it. The females make little coos, chirps, and thrills. While the drakes huff and hiss. My drakes took longer to change their voice and peeped longer.

They do like females, but it can be hard to tell. They look like the same sex at least. Sound will confirm it. The females make little coos, chirps, and thrills. While the drakes huff and hiss. My drakes took longer to change their voice and peeped longer.
Thank you. They are 13 weeks old and very quiet. They have decided to live in my side yard under the shade of my palms. We are on maui so it's always warm. I got them a plastic kiddie pool which they just love splashing around in.
I hope they'll lay eggs soon.

Thank you. They are 13 weeks old and very quiet. They have decided to live in my side yard under the shade of my palms. We are on maui so it's always warm. I got them a plastic kiddie pool which they just love splashing around in.
I hope they'll lay eggs soon.
Muscovy take longer to mature than other breeds. They will be ready to lay at around 24-28 weeks of age.

Our girls love splashing in our kiddie pool too! They try and see who can waste the most water 😂

Back
Top Bottom