What breed of geese is this?

TeamRetic

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Bay Area, CA

I wonder what breed this goose is? I was walking around the lake the other day and saw about 5 of these geese. They were the strangest and fattest geese I ever seen. They were also very friendly and I was able to pet them. Their neck feathers were very soft and they were so darn cute.

If these have been dumped it looks like we will have to rev up the BYC goose rescue league. These beautiful creatures are not wild and not equipped to live there.

Any BYC'ers in that area that would be willing to take in some beautiful geese?

Toulouse. Not quite show birds, but a lot better than hatchery birds.

If that is a curled feather and not a mussed-up feather, then Kimberly is correct. A cross between Sebbie and good quality Toulouse.

It would be nice if someone could go and pick them up.

Wish i could say California here i come
tongue.png
they are so pretty.

Toulouse. Not quite show birds, but a lot better than hatchery birds.

If that is a curled feather and not a mussed-up feather, then Kimberly is correct. A cross between Sebbie and good quality Toulouse.

It would be nice if someone could go and pick them up.

VERY nice Toulouse! My pair of geese are utility Toulouse. I love them... Oh, if somebody can organize a rescue, that would be wonderful.

There is a local, small "lake" up here populated with several Toulouse - they have adapted and apparently bred a few more of 'em. They hang with a multitude of Canada geese, when those are present. Otherwise they all congregate as a group of Toulouse together. But they are not approachable, because they don't belong to anyone.

Friendly geese means they've probably been dumped. They will most likely suffer a great deal without care.
:(

I should try take one in to rescue it. I was thinking that when I saw them that someone must of dumped them there, thinking I might get in trouble if I try to rescue them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom