What breed or gender am I?

No I am trying to add her to my existing 5 girls and 1 roo but my roo beat her up so she is now in the house and doing better. I will try again after my roo goes as I am not to have them where I live and she is a bit bigger, she is on the small side even for a bantam. I hope it goes better next time around, it was very traumatizing the first go for her and myself, to see him do that was awful!!!!

I guess I can't see her color very well but she looks like a black Ameraucana pullet I have. Is she brown? Do you know how they created her off coloring (ie is she mixed with a breed that comes in chocolate)? Just curious as I am new to chickens also

She was bread like this : Pure Chocolate cockerel x Pure Black hen = 50% black splits and 50% chocolate hens.

All of the males were black and carry the chocolate gene and all pullets were chocolate, I think that's how I understood it anyways lol Which makes them sex-linked at birth you can tell pullet from cockerel. Hope I am right here or at least somewhat right. If not someone eles would maybe be able to help
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom