What Breed - Sumatra maybe?

Nuggetirl

Songster
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Oklahoma
Here is Beauty (as in Black Beauty) she came to me via craigslist. I know nothing about her other than she's approx 16-18 weeks old, and a bantam. She has a very green sheen to her feathers, and it looks like a black comb and only slight reds spots on her wattles, but black soles on her feet (not pictured)

I couldn't get her to stand normally on the table, here is how she normally stands.
00D0D_4U6Dkuhf2CB_600x450.jpg

Well, she is quite a bit bigger than the OEGB, silkie, and bantam cochin I have, though the silkie and cochin are only 11 weeks old. I was told bantam but who knows with CL.

Silkies arent bantam. Its a mistaken identity. They are a light breed.
Silkies are a Bantam Breed..
The APA and the ABA classifies it as a bantam and a silkie only weighs 36 oz roosters and 32 oz hens which is also around the same weigh as a bantam plymouth rock....

How exciting. I got her with that mille fleur hen, and that's who I was really interested in. Beauty was just a bonus!

Silkies are a Bantam Breed.. 
The APA and the ABA classifies it as a bantam and a silkie only weighs 36 oz roosters and 32 oz hens which is also around the same weigh as a bantam plymouth rock....
interesting, a book with apa standards says that it is mistaken and that they are a light breed. I always notice how most of the time, they sell silkies in their own category at tsc. On the rare occasion I see mutts in the bantam assortment.

Back
Top Bottom