What breed?

melofarms

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2015
I rescued 2 pullets from this feed store that should be shut down. The chickens didn't even have room to stand up straight. Upon arriving home we discovered that one actually has a broken/dislocated leg, so I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow. In the meantime, I'd like to find out the breed(s) just out of curiosity. Could the one with the white face be a Wyandotte? Thank you!

Last edited:
That was kind of you to rescue them. It looks like you have a Silver Laced Wyandotte, but the other one I'm not sure of, does it have "puffy" cheeks? It looks like it may in the pictures, if it doesn't then I would say it was a Barred Rock.

Awesome thanks for replying. I was just thinking that the other one looks like a Barred Rock. I don't think the other one has puffy cheeks. I agree that she looks like a Barred Rock. Thanks!

You have a Silver Laced Wyandotte, and given the slate legs of the barred one, I'm thinking Cuckoo Marans as Barred Rocks have yellow legs.

Last edited:
uh oh
roll.png

Well, it doesn't have the white shoulder spots like SLW cockerels do, but you should get a better picture of the tail and everything just in case.
Here are some pictures of my old SLW cockerels and hens:

Back
Top Bottom