What breed?

donnavee

Crowing
13 Years
May 7, 2009
Hillsborough NC
This little girl is almost 5 wks old. She is a little small as she was the only survivor of a shipment of chicks hatched on 6/11 but not delivered until 6/16. The only white chicks I ordered were Austra white, White Rock & Delaware. So, I can't figure out which one she is - but she has green legs which really is confusing as I thought all these breeds have yellow legs
And in pics of her when younger, she did have yellow legs. 1st pic is her at a week old, 2nd is her now.
dora_2.jpg

dora-update.jpg

Attachments

• dora-update.jpg
    dora-update.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 5
I think that she is an Austra white. Both her looks ( and her legs ) lead me to believe so. I pulled up a couple pics from the internet to see what there leg colors were. I think I found the winner:
austra white ( you're chickens legs represented this breed more than any of the others)
af0b18dc2598512059028def5a594d90--white-chicken-chicken-breeds.jpg

This little girl is almost 5 wks old. She is a little small as she was the only survivor of a shipment of chicks hatched on 6/11 but not delivered until 6/16. The only white chicks I ordered were Austra white, White Rock & Delaware. So, I can't figure out which one she is - but she has green legs which really is confusing as I thought all these breeds have yellow legs
And in pics of her when younger, she did have yellow legs. 1st pic is her at a week old, 2nd is her now.
View attachment 1469707

View attachment 1469703

I love his dark legs! Looks like a white Australorp cockerel to me.

Well, the order was from Meyer and all supposed to be female. They did not include peanuts, especially since the order was in mid June, no cold weather. I really think it's a gal and Austra White is one of the ones I ordered. But, I could be wrong, time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom