What breed?

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
So my friend got some chickens. They were supposed to be leghorns ISA browns and one lavender orpington. She sent me pictures and said I could post them on here to figure out what breed they were. Any ideas?
CE5116D3-96AB-4E3F-8590-B410EE79122F.jpeg
7D6A173C-0574-4AEF-93D7-AEC2B96934A4.jpeg

Where did they get them? The first two seem to have crests, so they're mixes. The birds in the second photo also look like mixes. Maybe some kind of hatchery mix. They're definitely not one of the breeds intended

Where did they get them? The first two seem to have crests, so they're mixes. The birds in the second photo also look like mixes. Maybe some kind of hatchery mix. They're definitely not one of the breeds intended
I’m not sure I’ll find out.

So my friend got some chickens. They were supposed to be leghorns ISA browns and one lavender orpington.
I don't see any White Leghorns, probably not Leghorns of any other color, no ISA Browns, and no Lavender birds of any breed.

Where did they get them?
^ Good question.

Also, if they are laying, what color eggs are they producing?

If any eggs are blue or green, the hens laying those colors are Easter Eggers (chickens who lay blue or green eggs but do not belong to any recognized pure breed.)

White eggs vs. brown eggs will point to different breeds.
Eggs that are very dark brown will point to different breeds yet.

I don't see any White Leghorns, probably not Leghorns of any other color, no ISA Browns, and no Lavender birds of any breed.

^ Good question.

Also, if they are laying, what color eggs are they producing?

If any eggs are blue or green, the hens laying those colors are Easter Eggers (chickens who lay blue or green eggs but do not belong to any recognized pure breed.)

White eggs vs. brown eggs will point to different breeds.
Eggs that are very dark brown will point to different breeds yet.
I don’t know much about them but when I saw them I knew they were not the breeds they said!

Back
Top Bottom