What breeds are these?

floridamel

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Tampa, FL
Can anyone tell me what breeds these are? These are both hens. To get some idea of the size, the red one is significantly smaller than my RIRs, and the gray one is barely bigger than a pigeon. Thanks!

48444_img_3140.jpg

48444_img_3138.jpg

Gray one is a Blue Andalusian. Possibly even a bantam Blue Andalusian.

Red one is a production red/mutt. That or a really poor representative of a New Hampshire.

The red one looks like a hatchery-quality New Hampshire, and the grey one looks like a Blue Andalusion, possibly a bantam Blue Andulusion? (I've never heard of this breed coming in bantam...
hu.gif
)

If it helps distinguish between a New Hampshire Red and Production Red, the red one is significantly lighter in color than my RIRs (it was pretty cloudy out, so she looks darker in the pic than she really is). The gray one is really, really small - the picture doesn't make her size obvious. Before I saw her, I didn't even know chickens came so small. I'm not exaggerating when I say she is barely larger than a pigeon.

Quote:
What did they tell her they were? Honestly I have a frizzle that is not the pure Red the hatchery told me she was, but I love her just the same and that's all that matters to me. I couldn't love her more if she were 100% red.

Enjoy them they don't last that long

Rancher

They didn't tell her. She doesn't really care so much which breed they are, but I am curious because I really like them. The red one has a perfect temperament - very calm and quiet, not aggressive, but also not too shy.

Back
Top Bottom