What breeds are these

janastasio

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
New Hampshire
These guys were all supposed to be white Sebs, but as you can see, not so much. The two seb looking ones also have major leg issues. Their legs splay out at the hips making them look like ostriches. One also make a popping sound in her hips or leg joints when she walks. Doesn't seem to bother them so far. Any ideas on what I've got for breeds?? We would return them to the breeder but at this point we have raised them from day olds and are attached.

7513_p1120849.jpg

Capone, Limping Lenny, Lucky Luciano

Don't know what they are, but you probably want yo add Niacin to their water at a rate of 100mg per gallon---not the "flush-free" kind.

I don't use Niacin anymore since I read that it builds up in their livers. I buy powdered Brewers Yeast and add it to their food. Chicken feed doesn't have enough niacin (Vit B) for waterfowl so they need extra. Lack of Vit B can and will cause leg and muscle issues.

This is where I get mine and it will keep for a long time. You can also use it for other pets. Oh, they also ship really quickly! I think I got mine in 3 or 4 days.

http://www.horseloverz.com/Brewers-Yeast-Pet-Supplement-pr-304871.html

Laurie

My goslings are free ranging and being reared with my Gander and 3 geese and all are parenting them. They have been eating grasses with the parents from day one and they do eat some feed, both Game Bird Feed and Flock Raiser are in the range feeders -- do they still need supplements?

Back
Top Bottom