What Breeds is this?

Are these better?

Thanks so much!

Better. Looks like a pullet for now. Do a quick search for Blue Andalusian, Blue Ameraucana, and Blue Cochins. Even though they are different breeds, the Blue gene always expresses with the same 'patchiness'. Pullets are a more uniform shade

At only 9 weeks, I'm thinking pippy is a cockerel. That's just too much wattles for a pullet that young. I agree the coloring isn't typical of a blue male, but I think that will darken and develop as he ages.

Can you pull back the head feathers and get a comb shot?

I'm still thinking cockerel, with all that red.

I agree the coloring is more female, but some of that could be the age, and some the frizzled feathers masking true color.

I'm still thinking cockerel, with all that red. 

I agree the coloring is more female, but some of that could be the age, and some the frizzled feathers masking true color. 

Thanks, I agreed! Now I have start calling her a he!
So last night he, had Rooster attitude with his, friends.

I'm also introducing the babies to the 10 month old hens, Bindi and Lacey. (Lavender Araucana's)

Pippy, was on one side trying to stand up to the girls on the other side of the wire
1f62c.png

And Lacey!!! Well she is a whole other story. She is a Hen and was laying for months, she has stopped laying and started to try and Crow? She is gender confused, is this even possible?

Thanks, I agreed! Now I have start calling her a he!
So last night he, had Rooster attitude with his, friends.

I'm also introducing the babies to the 10 month old hens, Bindi and Lacey. (Lavender Araucana's)

Pippy, was on one side trying to stand up to the girls on the other side of the wire
1f62c.png

And Lacey!!! Well she is a whole other story. She is a Hen and was laying for months, she has stopped laying and started to try and Crow? She is gender confused, is this even possible?
She's not gender confused. She's still a she. She may well have a hormonal imbalance or ovarian tumor, something like that, that effects her behavior and laying ability.

Back
Top Bottom