What breeds lay pink eggs?

I wish I knew what my little hen that laid pink eggs was. .. I adored her. I had bought her as a chick from some lady
who had a mish mash of chickens. . .she was a silvery grey color (solid, no patterning) with a coppery red head. Smallish.
Sweet natured and laid silky, smallish baby pink eggs. I have not seen another hen like her so far, and so far breed
research turns up nothing that looks like her. And she was consistent. . .they were always that soft pink color. they were
not brown and they were not cream, but a pretty, light pink. We had to sell our farm and I gave my flock to my cousin
who wanted to start keeping hens, but I have not talked to him in several years.

Wish I could tell you, I also don't know what a bantam OEHG is. There's always that one chicken that stands out and can never be replaced. Our group of gals are now considered senior citizens in chicken years. Bought some chicks last weekend for the county fair, and I have some coming in April.

I wish I knew what my little hen that laid pink eggs was. .. I adored her. I had bought her as a chick from some lady
who had a mish mash of chickens. . .she was a silvery grey color (solid, no patterning) with a coppery red head. Smallish.
Sweet natured and laid silky, smallish baby pink eggs. I have not seen another hen like her so far, and so far breed
research turns up nothing that looks like her. And she was consistent. . .they were always that soft pink color. they were
not brown and they were not cream, but a pretty, light pink. We had to sell our farm and I gave my flock to my cousin
who wanted to start keeping hens, but I have not talked to him in several years.

I got an egg that colour today. Well, white with a decidedly pink - not beige or purple - tint to it. I don't know who made it yet, though. It's either my chantecler ameracauna x (even though her half-sister, australorp ameracauna x lays green) or one of my white phoenixes.

Well, I have concluded that the pinkish (the first egg was like, omg - it's PINK! Now, depending on the light, they're more white) eggs are coming from my white phoenixes. My chantecler x is laying turqoise blue. One of my white phoenixes happens to be a boy... I'm now thinking that if I breed the two I might get a true pink layer OR maybe a purple layer! It's gonna be some months yet, likely longer, but if it happens (there are other, more dominant roos in my flock, plus i'm not interested in small birds {wound up with them by fluke} but the breeding for egg colour now has me thinking!) I will most certainly post resilts!

Im buying some easter egg chicks and would love to have one that laid a pink egg. Any suggestions on what to look for? Leg color, color of chick etc. Please help.

What does OEGB stand for?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom