What brooder can I do next?

I guess I should mention I have a 80lb dog inside and even though he hasnt done anything but sniff the tote. I dont want to take chances on him being able to actually get to them.

20190315_121946.jpg

Yeah, they might be able to jump out. How about using two totes, joining them, then cut a hole between them?
or you could get a bunch of cardboard and stand it up all along the sides of the swimmingpool. You'll have to put something behind the cardboard like a bale of shavings, food buckets, anything heavy. Worked really well for me and they never got out of it.

I guess I should mention I have a 80lb dog inside and even though he hasnt done anything but sniff the tote. I dont want to take chances on him being able to actually get to them.
I had a big Anatolian Shepherd when I hatched mine last year and I know how scary that is. I was afraid she would step on one but she was real good about it. You won't have to worry for long because they get big so fast they can get out of the way.

or you could get a bunch of cardboard and stand it up all along the sides of the swimmingpool. You'll have to put something behind the cardboard like a bale of shavings, food buckets, anything heavy. Worked really well for me and they never got out of it.

I think my dog may be too tempted for that. I dont have a garage or space that I could put them separated.

I had a big Anatolian Shepherd when I hatched mine last year and I know how scary that is. I was afraid she would step on one but she was real good about it. You won't have to worry for long because they get big so fast they can get out of the way.

My dog is a pit/golden retriever he hasnt been around livestock but very limited

My dog is a pit/golden retriever he hasnt been around livestock but very limited
I made sure I held the ducklings around our dog and let her sniff them and it let her know that they were not something that she had to protect us from. She was super great with them. I'd let her stay in the run with them and I think that my ducks thought she was one of them. They couldn't have cared less that she was in their run.
IMG_6505.JPG
fullsizeoutput_32d9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom