What bug, mite pests is this !!!

Amor Treasures

In the Brooder
May 23, 2023
I have read so many people posting about these tiny black bugs all over there chicken eggs, on the nesting boxes and they are super quick crawlers that get all over you while handling the issue at hand. I have yet seen anyone figure out what the name of this bug or mite is.. I have not found any on my chickens themselves to say they are chicken mites.. but these suckers get all over me and now I feel like I have them and they are not dying. I can drop my dirty clothes on the back porch before I go in to take a shower blow dry my hair and in clean clothes and be sitting there and now feeling these suckers crawling on me from out of no where..

Something tells me these are not chicken mites as it seems soooo many women with long hair are out here messing around with chickens with mites explaining in videos how to kill the mites and they do not remain in humans or dogs or cats..

So WTH are these tinny tinny black bugs in my coop on my eggs and seem to not die!!!

Thank you for all your help. I’m about to get rid of all my chickens over this.. it’s like an infestation of a bug that you can not kill and will not go away!!!

I have had red roost mites, and yes, they did climb onto me, and gave that feeling of something crawling on me.
They don't live on humans, but they will go for a ride!
They look like this,
P3121273.JPG
and live wherever there is a gap between roosters, etc.
Do they look like this?

They are most definitely mites of some kind, and they do look a lot like red roost mites, except they are a little smaller. But maybe they are just young ones? (they do start out smaller)
You will need to clean out you coop, getting in all the gaps and cracks, and then dust it all with Permethrin, including the chickens themselves, and repeat weekly until they are all gone.

I have had egg box mites before that came in the wood shavings. They might have been wood mites. They are creepy as all heck, but seemed to not have any interest in being parasites.

I imagine the chickens don't like getting in the boxes but they did anyway when I had a spell of them. Do a good cleaning and they shouldn't come back unless you're buying infected straw/litter.

Back
Top Bottom