What can I do?

silkiemumma

Chirping
Jul 31, 2016
Kent UK
Afternoon chicks!
My 2 year old hybrid hen has started to become very lethargic. At first I thought she was broody because she’s just been sat inside. But now her comb is floppy and the edges are going blue. She has a very mucky bottom & she keeps stretching her neck and opening her beak. She’s not moving around as much and just hunches her self up in the corner. She’s not really eating and she drank a few sips of cider vinegar water yesterday but but won’t today.
A few things I’ve done so far:
Bathed her dirty bottom
Searched for mites (none present)
Given her a dust bath with Diatomaceous earth
Scaly leg treatment on her legs (incase).
Apple cider vinegar water
Olive oil & crop massage

Nothing has perked her up, her crop isn’t impacted, her poos are yellowy and runny. She laid an egg yesterday! I’ve ordered some nutridrops & vermx which will arrive today as well as a blue liquid for treatment of coccidia (just to be sure). It will all arrive some point today and I plan on getting the nutridrops straight into her rather than into her water.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Her three sisters have been absolutely fine but are starting to pick at her as she’s so lethargic. I’d really appreciate advice on how I can perk her up or make her comfortable or magic cures? She’s such a darling and I’d hate to lose her.

Thanks guys !!

Attachments

• 374895BB-66DB-440F-93BD-24EB2439454F.jpeg
    374895BB-66DB-440F-93BD-24EB2439454F.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 13
Have you inspected her bottom? I would soak her and clean her bottom well and check for maggots/fly strike. Has it been super hot? Heat stress can be fatal. Good luck with your sweet girl! ❤️

Great news! I bet she feels better already!!!!
Have you checked her vent? Glove up and lube 1 or 2 fingers. Insert into the vent about 1 inch or so....can u feel an egg? In the meantime, if you have some nutrí-drench ir other electrolytes, I would give them to her.....

Have you checked her vent? Glove up and lube 1 or 2 fingers. Insert into the vent about 1 inch or so....can u feel an egg? In the meantime, if you have some nutrí-drench ir other electrolytes, I would give them to her.....
I posted this at the same time as your last post. Lol

I’ll chexk her vent, so far from feeling around her she’s all okay. I’ve been giving her vinegar water and I’m waiting for some nutridrops to turn up today so I can pop them straight into her

Back
Top Bottom