What can we do about unanswered posts?

How about a way to hide posts your not interested in.
When you click the new posts thread you get mainly the ones that have the most replys..often chat threads or games.that would make other posts more avaliable to you.. if you could hide some of those

How about a way to hide posts your not interested in.
When you click the new posts thread you get mainly the ones that have the most replys..often chat threads or games.that would make other posts more avaliable to you.. if you could hide some of those

Uh yea, that is a longstanding issue that I think has been brought up before. :) All the game threads push everything else down on the list.

I'm glad this thread got started and there are those that care on here! I'm a newbie but I do like to research so I find that I can help people by doing searches for their questions. Not everyone likes doing research stuff which is why I think the questions get asked instead of them looking. I don't mind and I feel I am learning by looking for things for them! I helped someone just today that didn't have an answer for 6 hours and I think his chicken has "wry tail". I always premise my answers with either "I'm a newbie or I'm no expert" because I don't want someone taking me for the gospel when I could be wrong. I've only been a chicken owner for 8 weeks but I've learned so much already!

Uh yea, that is a longstanding issue that I think has been brought up before. :) All the game threads push everything else down on the list.
todd that link you gave me been really helpful.. it takes me right to the unanswered posts. . If you could figure out how to ad that to the app.. that would help all the phone users.. and there is alot of us using the phones

I'm glad this thread got started and there are those that care on here! I'm a newbie but I do like to research so I find that I can help people by doing searches for their questions. Not everyone likes doing research stuff which is why I think the questions get asked instead of them looking. I don't mind and I feel I am learning by looking for things for them! I helped someone just today that didn't have an answer for 6 hours and I think his chicken has "wry tail". I always premise my answers with either "I'm a newbie or I'm no expert" because I don't want someone taking me for the gospel when I could be wrong. I've only been a chicken owner for 8 weeks but I've learned so much already!
alot people just want to hear some help.. your helpful I'm sure

todd that link you gave me been really helpful.. it takes me right to the unanswered posts. . If you could figure out how to ad that to the app.. that would help all the phone users.. and there is alot of us using the phones

Okay, I've added the link to the menu of Android phones. The update should appear in the Play store tonight.

For those of you not using the Android app, then you'll still need to use desktop mode, or a browser and this URL:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/newposts/filter/unanswered

Last edited:
GACK!!!!!!

I think we have to change strategies. I answered another 10 but no dent in the numbers. Chicken raiser made a good point about newbies, so now I am just going to focus on posts from new people. I noticed that people with over 1000 posts were asking questions that are easily found in other forums. Maybe after a month of no answers, Admin could delete the post with a canned response that says Please try your question in one of the related Forums. That should get rid of a lot of them, lol. All those pages must take up a lot of net space.

GACK!!!!!!

I think we have to change strategies.   I answered another 10 but no dent in the numbers.  Chicken raiser made a good point about newbies, so now I am just going to focus on posts from new people.  I noticed that people with over 1000 posts were asking questions that are easily found in other forums.   Maybe after a month of no answers, Admin could delete the post with a canned response that says Please try your question in one of the related Forums.  That should get rid of a lot of them, lol.  All those pages must take up a lot of net space.
I've answered alot today..could it be the the site tops out at 16 pages..

Back
Top Bottom