What color am I?

melishkia

In the Brooder
May 26, 2016
Hello!
I just purchased a cute little Americauna chick the other day from the feed store, she is so pretty! I'm just trying to figure out what color she is, i've never seen one like her! She was born May 14

Here's my EE her colors are gorgeous I've never seen one like it

Melishkia:

I love it! We are in the process of buying a house. So my animals and My hubby and I are staying with his parents on the Lake.

The Disco Ninja - 2 yrs - Labradoodle
My Entourage aka Monkey Poo for short - cat
Saber Tooth - cat
Bengal - cat
Billy Bob & Bubba - beta fishes

11 week hens:
Chicken "Noodle" - Australorp
Chicken N "Dumpling" - Barred Rock
Chicken "Nugget" - Barred Rock
Spicy Chicken "Taco" - Rhode Island Red

10 week old hens:
Chicken "Fajita" - EE
Chicken "Enchilada" - EE

2 week old hens:
Chicken "Salad" - Olive Egger
Chicken "Pot Pie" - Welsummer

1 week old I hope hen: (Roos are illegal in Spokane)
Chicken "Gumbo" - Lavender Ameraucana

The other chickens and goose belong to my mother in law. :)

It isn't a standard color. Orange is a common Easter Egger color though. I have one orange and black, and an orange and blue like yours.

Last edited:
I have 2 that look similar. Also a feed store purchase. After la-hots of research, turns out they are Easter Eggers. Not sure why feed stores false advertise Ameraucanas. I kept reading that true Ameraucanas come from private breeders and are more expensive than most chicks. Your chick is very pretty :). Mine have blue/grey and tan/orange stripes as well. Love them.

Oh that makes sense, she definitely looked very different than the rest of the americaunas and I've never seen one of this color. She is very sweet! Any idea what she will look like as an adult? From what I'm reading, they're very unpredictable when it comes to feathering.

Mine are not adults yet, but I think this is pretty much what they will look like. The top one is "Enchilada" and looks more like yours. The bottom is "Fajita" and has more blue and a black head. They are 9.5 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom