What color are my newly hatched peachicks?

Thats possible. It would be interesting to see if this turned out to be a split to white eye hen. The light coloring being the beggining or first phase of the frosted look?
Quite possible this is the case - one copy or two copies of white eyed gene may produce this look. I think that w/e may also show some white flights, but the overall colour of the bird (when it attains actual feathers appears frosty - the amount depending on the presence of one or two copies of the gene) From my experience, all colour crosses aside from the sex-link (ie bronze on opal) will look IB and not show either parentage, so it won't be one of those.

Ok here is a few more pics...of the lighter one.There was every color of peacock you could think of at his place so maybe a combonation of two different colors?

The last picture looks like that chick may have an opal parent. Here's a pic of our pure opal cock when he was a baby:

I've hatched out 1/2 dozen with one opal parent - with no visible difference between the offspring I have from two blues. I do have some split to white that do look a bit lighter than the rest, but they are also split blackshoulder. I have others that are split bs that are slightly lighter as well - they are showing very small white feathers that are not flight feathers - I will continue to watch their growth, if its a male, maybe after the first or second moult they will change colour.

Back
Top Bottom