What Color are These Coturnix? Silver?

The one with the brown on its head is a hen, the other two are males. Their eye color has been effected by whatever mutation(s) are going on.

Thanks for the input! Are the Cinnamon and yellow/gold mutations common in the US? Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to the Coturnix world! I'll post some pictures of them and hopefully that will help solve the mutation mystery.
I'm not in the coturnix world at all, nor am I in the US, so I hope someone else will be able to tell you ^^
However, I have been stalking this forum for half a year or so, and I don't remember seeing pictures of quail quite like those, so I guess chances are they aren't very common.

I took a good look at one of the male's eyes in full sunlight, and they are definitely not brown... they're really a gray, almost blue/gray color. Is this found in any of the other mutations?

This may be too late, but when I went tot eh web site my computer asked if I wanted the information translated, I said yes and everything was changed to English. Might be a new thing, since I have a new computer, windows 10.

Ahh I forgot I have a translation app on my phone! If that doesn't work, I'll get on my computer and check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Still don't have a clue as to what mutation mine are...that could be a good thing (rare?), but it's driving me crazy not knowing lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom