What color are YOUR Easter Egger's eggs?

:gig

It was my black bantam Araucana roo.. he was pecking at the phone camera.. it doesn't look as bad if you see the whole pic....I think! :D

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

Is he a purebred Araucana? He's super cute!

Yeah he is! I know he's gorgeous, thank you! ..and he's got a personality to go with it! He was a lone chick so he's particularly precious....

IMG_1773_crop.JPG

I'm hoping he'll breed with my EE batam pullets... he did his first crow this morning at 18 weeks of age and have been trying to get frisky with them....:lol:

I think if she laid blue and the brown wasn’t in yet, she could add a little more brown bloom after a couple of times at the beginning, but I’m not 100% sure! So maybe leaning more toward the greener hue? Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

Hey @Iluveggers! I'm leaning more towards 2 OE girls now after what I found in the nesting box this morning:

IMG_1870.JPG

Ok I finally took the time to separate my EE/OE eggs for a pic. We have 3 EE & 3 OE, but one of our OE lays cream/white eggs, which i actually don’t mind since it’s a color no one else lays. The blue/turquoise/mint/Olive eggs are here. Both OE lay olive, the 3 EE lay blue, turquoise & mint.
1647482094211.jpeg

Ok I finally took the time to separate my EE/OE eggs for a pic. We have 3 EE & 3 OE, but one of our OE lays cream/white eggs, which i actually don’t mind since it’s a color no one else lays. The blue/turquoise/mint/Olive eggs are here. Both OE lay olive, the 3 EE lay blue, turquoise & mint.
View attachment 3027187

Lovely! 😍

Back
Top Bottom