What color are YOUR Easter Egger's eggs?

Pics
We had our first egg today from George or Gracie not sure which. After all the waiting we were a little disappointed with the color.

The top egg is from, Cotton or Candy one of our leghorns, the bottom is our first from George or Gracie.

Does anyone know, Do they lay more than one color or first laid color is what always get???

We had our first egg today from George or Gracie not sure which. After all the waiting we were a little disappointed with the color.

The top egg is from, Cotton or Candy one of our leghorns, the bottom is our first from George or Gracie.

Does anyone know, Do they lay more than one color or first laid color is what always get???

From what I understand, they might change hue slightly as the hen ages (earliest being the darkest) but otherwise no. If the first egg is green/blue/pink/whatever then every egg layed by that hen will be green/ blue/pink/whatever.

We have two EE's and an Orpington/Mix that lays pinkish eggs

Now I have a pink, blue, blue green, olive, and a green. One of mine still isn't laying. I'm hoping for another blue egg. The blue sure is pretty!! They all are, but I really love the blue one because it's also fairly large in size!!

Quote: Yea, it will likely always be an olive/green color, but they may lighten a little over time. The color itself doesn't change. That's been my experience with all of my breeds I have.

Back
Top Bottom