Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tinted/Cream

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Pink

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My one mature EE took until 8 months old to lay. Then she molted at 11 months old and stopped laying for about 6-8 weeks lol.

I am curious to see how long it takes my new EE girls to start laying. They are 10 weeks old today.

Holy cow! 8 months! And shortly after, a 2 month molt?! She better lay some gorgeous eggs because that would try a lot of patience!

That's one great thing about EEs you'll never know what your going to have until they start laying. I added 4 of them last year and got multiple color eggs, olive, green, bluish mint and light pink.

My kids and friends liked them a lot, this January I picked up 3 more, they'll be ready to lay eggs in few weeks here. Our anticipation is on high peak on what colors of eggs they'll be peddling since they've turned 15 weeks today.

Wow, in my opinion you got the holy grail of EE combos! I have 3 and would love if they each lay something different. How old were they when they started laying? And may I ask what other breeds of eggs are in your basket? Great colors and sizes!

Holy cow! 8 months! And shortly after, a 2 month molt?! She better lay some gorgeous eggs because that would try a lot of patience!

Yup! She started squatting about 6 weeks prior to laying. Everyday I would ask her "Snakehead, are you going to lay anything anytime soon?" and she would give me the stink eye and saunter away, knowing that she had a cozy home and abundant food, rent free. I was starting to wonder if she had a hidden nest and I kept searching high and low and then FINALLY there it was in the nest box one day.

Her eggs are medium green torpedos. They are a nice color, and I bred her to my Splash Marans so now I am waiting on those babies to grow up so I can see what they lay!

BTW, my husband named her.

Wow, in my opinion you got the holy grail of EE combos! I have 3 and would love if they each lay something different. How old were they when they started laying? And may I ask what other breeds of eggs are in your basket? Great colors and sizes!

The first one was 18 wks when she started laying miniature eggs, then the rest followed around 20-22 wks - I was getting double and triple yolks from them the first month or so which were very interesting.

The real dark eggs were from my French Black Copper Marans, the lighter dark are from Black Australorps, the lighter browns are from Plymouth Barred Rocks & Silver Wyandottes , Cream color from Speckled Sussex white one from Leghorn

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom