What color feathering do you think this Easter Egger chick will have?

Easter eggers are impossible to determine colors of their babies.

You can cross the same hen with the same roo 5 times and every time get 5 different colored chicks.

Wow, I had no idea. I got rid of this little rooster's dad because he was really tearing up my hen's backs. So this spring I ordered 6 more hen's to add to the six I already have. Two of the six are rooster's plus my hen hatched this easter egger rooster. Now my little flock consist's of 4 rhode island red, 1 red production?, 1 buff orpington, 1 light brahma, 1black and white polish, and 1 easter egger hen.(9 hens) Then I have 1 easter egger, 1 light brahma and 1 white oprington rooster. (3 roosters)
Which rooster do you think you would keep?

Yes, this will take awhile. Last evening I got a chance to sit in the yard and watch them for awhile. (They free range in the yard) My 8 week old little Easter Egger rooster jumped on the back of one of the Rhode Island Red hens. I about fell over. Then, the white Orpington rooster who is almost 16 weeks jumped onto my Easter Egger hen. There back feathers are just now looking good. I want a rooster that doesn't tear them up and is nice. In you experience do Easter Egger rooster's seem to like to breed more than other Roosters. His personality is large and in charge for such a young rooster.

Yes, this will take awhile. Last evening I got a chance to sit in the yard and watch them for awhile. (They free range in the yard) My 8 week old little Easter Egger rooster jumped on the back of one of the Rhode Island Red hens. I about fell over. Then, the white Orpington rooster who is almost 16 weeks jumped onto my Easter Egger hen. There back feathers  are just now looking good. I want a rooster that doesn't tear them up and is nice. In you experience do Easter Egger rooster's seem to like to breed more than other Roosters. His personality is large and in charge for such a young rooster.

It largely depends on the roosters personality. From my experience as a whole the smaller size roosters are less damaging to the hens than bigger roosters. I have 3 araucana roosters over my flock of easter eggers. They are smaller than my hens but still get the job done. It makes since to me. If the rooster is 1/3 the size larger than the hen than he will be rougher on them than a rooster that's the same size or a bit smaller.

So all that to say I would stick with the easter egger rooster. 1 he's dmaller in size. 2 his babies will always be different :). I like having that never know what's gonna hatch feeling

Yes, I love all of the colors. His dad was just so rough on the hens backs. He was sweet though.
So his mom is in the flock, she is my most dominant hen. Now he thinks he is the most dominant rooster. At 8 weeks old jumps into the coop first at night....lol The hens used to make him get out and wait his turn, but they don't anymore. I am waiting to see if some fighting breaks out with these roosters. I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom