what colour and breed is this?????

phoebs

Chirping
7 Years
May 30, 2012
tamworth (Australia)
hi,
This hen has been my hen for a while but i dont know what colour she is i think she was a belgian d'uccle
with a single comb and feathery feet she looks like all my other belgian d'uccles though i don't know here colour!!!!

shes a quail. as for breed really need a pic of her standing and one from either top or head on. i'm looking for a beard and cant really tell in that pic if there is one or not but it does look like there is one

Quail isn't a recognized color for D'Uccles. I, too, would like to see a pic of her standing as well as a better pic of her comb. From that angle her comb doesn't look like a true single. She might be a D'Anvers/D'Uccle cross. Which could explain the quail coloration.

Oh, and the color doesn't become part of the breed when you are entering. The breed would be Belgian Bearded D'Uccle and the variety would be AOV (if she meets all other breed requirements and is not a recognized color).

Last edited:
yer i am not sure about that stuff but she came 3rd and she is definatle got i single
comb i will take a picture and show you but right now she has a brand new chicken
well almost a week old i am pretty much on the definate side of belgian d'uccle though
i will try and take a picture tomorrow and i will put it on oh and she does have a beard it is adorable!!
:) :)

Back
Top Bottom